Friday, February 16, 2007

This Design Stuff Sucks

This Design Stuff Sucks. Its 2:50 AM I am pulling my hair out and I have gotten nowhere. To give you a better idea let me start from the beginning....


Project II The Tool Project. I am given a tool, mine being an ice cream scoop. its pretty standard, I got it at Target. Its only the "scoop" no lever with the little thing to "cut" the ice cream out. Anyway I have to construct this thing out of 80 LB Strathmore, thats a fancy term for expensive paper.

Here's the catch I can't use glue, tape, or paper mache no adhesive of any kind.....how fun...I can put tabs on it or sew! Guess I should start talking to some of those fashion major girls on sewing tips! Any excuse I guess to talk to some way to talk to cute girls! Haha, anyway it has to be constructed through a process of drafting patterns of the tool out. In the end they will basically look like clothing patterns, you know like those dress things.

I have no clue how I'm going to make it work. This sucks. Thats about all I'll say about that. When its done I will post some pictures of it.

So as I'm workin and yelling and jumping up and down I am also watching this movie on tbs called "Tootsie" starring a great actor and one of my favorites, Dustin Hoffman and actress Jessica Lange. Dustin Hoffman is a struggling as actor and so he disguises himself as a lady and lands a job. Its pretty good, funny. Oh yea I'm going to post pictures of my first project "The Postcard" I think I got a B+ A- on it.

Well I think I might try to sleep even though I am pretty wired still. Too much Rockstar Energy Drink.....

~LiveSTRONG~
Jon

1 comment:

hannahjoy said...

I remember Haleigh posting pics of her scissors that she did for that project. I have never had to do a project like that, but I can understand the hours that the visual arts can drain from your life. Keep going! You can do it!